Do you want a perfect date? Then follow these common dating mistakes men make with girls. Now, I will review the 30 most common mistakes in your dating life. There are many things that guys will go into the dating world doing that they think they have to do to get women. But these are the things that are repelling us and making us scared.
I want to give you the lowdown and an honest opinion from a girl’s perspective on the biggest mistake men make when dating women. I can’t tell you how many clients I have had crushes on girls for years. They have never done anything about it. If you never try, nothing’s going to happen at all.
Sometimes getting rejected is far worse than not getting anything at all. Here’s what guys are always crazy about before sex, and we women are still crazy after sex. Why is that? Because we’re the ones who have to convince you to stick around.
30 Dating Mistakes Men Make
Dating today has many issues, notably our ADD culture as a society. We’re used to that instant dopamine hit from a bit of validation, whether by text or someone reaching out to us through a dating app. It used to be that a guy would go on a date and have a great time afterward.
We’re now looking for a standard of attraction that doesn’t exist in the real world. Like many life areas, dating has become the slot machine in Vegas, where I am looking for that next hit. It doesn’t bring me happiness, but it keeps me distracted.
Here are some common early dating mistakes that individuals can make:
- Jumping into a committed relationship or expressing intense feelings too quickly can overwhelm the other person and create a sense of pressure or discomfort.
- Revealing highly personal or sensitive information too early in the dating process can make the other person feel overwhelmed or uncomfortable.
- Failing to respect personal boundaries can make the other person uncomfortable or disrespected.
- Becoming overly clingy or dependent on the other person can create feelings of suffocation or a sense that the relationship is moving too fast.
- Losing sight of one’s needs and interests in the early stages of dating can lead to an imbalance in the relationship.
- Ignoring or downplaying early warning signs or red flags in another person’s behavior can lead to challenges.
- Pretending to be someone you’re not or putting on a false persona to impress the other person is not sustainable and can lead to disappointment and a lack of authenticity in the relationship.
Being overly preoccupied with the relationship’s future in the early stages can create unnecessary pressure and expectations. Let’s see the most common dating mistakes guys make.
1. Busy With Phone
In these modern times, most of us are addicted to the phone. But if you’re out of a date with someone you’re interested in, it should be about getting to know her. Those text messages, emails, and notifications aren’t going anywhere.
- They will be there after the date, and trust me, your date is noticing if you’re not putting her front and center. Have what’s called present-time consciousness.
If you’re out on a date with someone you’re interested in, she should be significant enough that getting to know her and getting to know you should be the utmost priority.
- Nobody likes to be ignored or seem like you’re not into them, especially women. Please, whatever you do on the date, put the phone away.
2. Talking Too Much About The Future
Another early dating mistake or problem is talking too much about the past or the future. Here’s the thing when you’re first getting to know someone.
- Nobody wants to get too heavy, and when you talk about the past, especially if you’re talking about exes, there’s no upside to discussing other women.
Women who didn’t work out leave that out, but on the opposite end, don’t talk too much about the future.
- If you find yourself into this woman, don’t start discussing marriage and how many kids you want to have again soon. You might scare her off, deal with the here and now, and get to know her to learn each other’s likes and dislikes.
3. Showing Less Personality
Don’t talk too much about yourself. Many guys make brags showing off nobody wants to hear that you’re there to get to know each other. Make sure it’s a balance of her talking about her.
- You are talking about yourself and asking each other questions about one another. This may come off as old school or a bit traditional, but I think women like to talk more than men. She won’t like it if she’s out with you and you’re doing all the talking.
- Here’s another huge mistake men have always made trying to get too physical. She’s lovely. It’s hard to keep your hands off of her. Please resist the initial urge that can be very off-putting to women, and here’s a little secret. If she wants to get physical with you, she’s made that decision quickly. Let it happen organically.
She’s already going to decide whether she’s interested in that area. You can only talk her out of it and keep your mouth closed. Talking about it or being too handsy is never a great approach. These types of things usually happen best when they happen naturally.
4. Having A Financial Problem
How much you’re going to spend? You’re probably not in the financial position that you should be dating in the first place.
- Dating costs money. If you don’t have it get on your grind, save up and then get back into the dating game. However, I’m not suggesting that you should be throwing money at women, going over the top, or being extravagant. I’m saying don’t be cheap. No woman likes that.
I generally don’t go over the lid on the date. I’LL PROBABLY MEET THEM FOR COFFEE OR a DRINK when trying to get to know someone. It’s a great way to talk quietly and get to know someone. See if you want to go further, but we’ll step it up on subsequent dates.
- Good women don’t want a cheap guy. If she’s thinking long term, she wants to know if you’ll be stable and provide being cheap shows an inability or an unwillingness to do.
5. Careless Behaviors
Many modern guys, especially on the internet, feel like you shouldn’t care what women want or like. I’m not saying you should be ruled by what women like. You should be aware of this and act accordingly.
- I don’t think you should be the super alpha guy that shouldn’t care what women like. Don’t make the mistake of thinking you shouldn’t be aware of what women want.
For example, You shouldn’t put all your eggs in one basket. It can lead to you overvaluing that one particular woman. It can easily lead to you putting her on a pedestal.
- You have to date around to find out what you like and don’t like. Focusing on that one woman that you have this massive crush on is fraught with a problem. It can put you in a weak, submissive position.
So initially, don’t date one woman when you first start dating. Once you figure out the one you like, putting all your effort and attention into her is okay.
6. Giving Excessive Effort
You should know what women like, but don’t go out of your way to please them. Don’t fall all over yourself trying to make her feel good. Yes, it’s okay to be kind. It’s okay to be polite and generous but not put her on a pedestal. Mainly you don’t even know her yet.
- Be polite, be kind but don’t be a pushover. Some women will take advantage of it, and it will seem like she likes you and, honestly, she doesn’t respect you.
- Don’t date from a submissiveness position, but don’t make this other mistake on the opposite end of the spectrum. Do not be too rigid. I say that’s not cool, either. Don’t try to be Mr cool.
7. Lack Of Self Development
The priority is ensuring you’re on the path to being the best version of yourself. You can be when you’re a man who’s on purpose. You’ll notice you attract more of the women you like. Women don’t want a man who only thinks about them.
They want you to have other outside interests. This is where your hobbies and your goals come into play. You’ll notice dating gets a lot easier.
- Now I want you to be aware of what women like. Although dating is essential, I don’t want you obsessed with it. What’s most important is being on your purpose.
8. Giving Extra Priority
There are many elements in different pieces of what people do when dating a woman and what men do when dating a woman.
- The biggest mistake that men make is they prioritize a woman. There’s confusion between pursuing and prioritizing.
When you pursue a woman, it’s because you’re trying to get to know her. There’s a healthy balance, and this stuff cannot be faked, guys. If you fake an abundance of your life, your energies will be different, and women are intuitive. So what’s important is that you do create an experience of mine.
- Prioritizing is putting a woman before your self meeting your needs early on there. So many times that I see men getting into dating a woman within two weeks already, he forgets about his life. He’s not focused on his goals.
He’s doing things that will make this woman think that okay. I’m here to tell you women want to be somewhat pursued, but they also want to pursue a man. It’s like that mystery component that many of us fight for, and you have to think of it many times.
9. Being A Possessive Man
The funny dating mistake men make with women is saying that this is the most beautiful woman, and you’ve never experienced a little bit like this before. Let me tell you why guys often do this because you operate from your prefrontal cortex.
Men are inherited in us, and you excuse me for you to operate from your prefrontal cortex, and women operate from intuition. It’s different. I get into scientific stuff regarding this in my boot camps.
- You have to understand how your brain is operated to work when you see a woman.
We might think she’s the most beautiful woman, and you’ve never experienced a woman like this. She gave you the feeling, and the kiss was so passionate. You’re like, oh my gosh, this is the one, so then we start to do this.
- Your biggest mistake is that you don’t even know this woman yet.
You don’t take the time; what happens is a beautiful woman and an amazing woman. She knows it herself and does not want a man who will treat her easily.
- It’s beautiful that you can see a woman as a prize. But you have to understand too that you are a prize as well.
10. Expectation In a Short Time
I have many clients, and lately, they have had no problem having a good time with women making them laugh and creating chemistry. I figured here’s the thing: women don’t want to be seen as sexual aggressors. We never want to be in that position.
We don’t want you to think of us as easy, or you’re slutty, or she does this with every guy. We’ll sit there and wait until Kingdom comes for you to make moves.
- If you have a problem doing so, you will have a problem being alone for the rest of your life.
11. Your Desperate Vibe
You love that girl. She’s fantastic. You want her and only her, but having that mentality will hurt you in the long run.
- When you have this mentality that you have nobody else out there and don’t stand a chance with anyone else, you will put off a very desperate vibe.
- No woman wants to be with a guy desperate to have her. Who else puts off a vibe like he’s desperate to have us? It never comes around if you’re sitting there and getting hell-bent on one girl or thinking there’s no one else. No one else will ever come around. She probably won’t even come about, either.
12. Giving Too Much Attention
Many guys think they must text her or always postpone plans for her. They are giving us shit even though we’ve never given you anything. Here’s the thing. You’re already giving, which is you. You’re the amazing thing she gets.
- If you are giving her anything extra than your time and attention, she’s not reciprocating.
Giving her more when she’s not even reciprocating the effort you’re giving her now will only provide you with more hassle.
- Don’t bother until you return; giving her more will never get anything back. It’s going to make us feel obligated. I guess I’ll answer one of his decks.
So, please don’t do it. What does it do? You’re rewarding us for not giving you as much in return.
13. Feeling Insignificant About Yourself
She’s the only one out there getting upset over other guys. She’s not the only girl you could be going for.
- You’re not the only guy she could be going for. Getting all bent out of shape is pointless.
- It will only make it look like we should look at these other guys. Why are you getting so scared of this? Is there something I don’t know about you that I should be looking at other guys?
When you worry about other guys talking to her, her talking to other guys, or other guys thinking she’s beautiful. You’re saying you’re not worthy enough to stay with you. If you feel like that, we will think about you too.
14. Showing Disrespect In Front Of Her
I don’t want to think of her that way. She’s a delicate flower. Guess what? Flower wants to be pounded into the ground with your penis. We’ll find another guy if you don’t think of us like that. Why will you disrespect me by thinking I am not part of the human race with genitals?
- You’re disrespecting me as a woman by thinking I don’t want to be womanly with you. I can’t tell you how insulting it is for a woman to be rejected by someone sexually. You think that we don’t want to be sexual with men is very insulting.
15. Your Shifty Attitude
If you have a victim mentality attitude, that is a major turnoff. What that means for a woman is that you can’t handle life.
- If you can’t take life alone, how can she trust you to handle life in a relationship? Life throws crap at you because life will throw crap at you. That’s part of being human. How you handle it and your attitude will reveal much about your character.
You always agree with her instead of respectfully standing up for your own opinions. She will lose respect if you don’t handle the test well. You walk away, and she will look at you and think you’re weak and again don’t know how to handle a woman she needs you to handle.
16. Insecure Body Language
Insecure body language is one of the common dating mistakes men make. When you have insecure body language, a woman will be turned off before meeting you. What does insecure body language look like? Poor posture can come from excessive gaming or too much time on the computer.
It also shows low self-esteem, insecurity, depression, and sometimes mental health issues. None of which are turn-on.
- The best thing you can do with body language is to stand up straight, shoulders back, chin up, and walk with purposeful strides. You don’t have to walk fast but long, confident strides. Another thing that you can do to increase the Alpha’s confident body language.
17. Giving Unnatural Compliments
Bragging or boasting women are subtle, and we pick up on subtle hints, unlike men. If you’re going to boast or brag, you want to make sure you’re doing it so subtly that you don’t think she will even pick up on it. For example, You say: you’re proud of your job, car, and accomplishments. It’s okay to slip it into the conversation if you’re not saying it directly to impress her.
- If you’re trying to impress her by saying it, that will be a turn-off. If it comes up naturally or somewhat organically in a conversation, it’s not a turn-off. It’s also revealing evidence of your accomplishment, or it could be a social status. It could be a financial status. It could be physical or health status. It is you feel that it might be something that would be impressive to her.
- You must find a way to put it into the cover and into the conversation in a way that isn’t obvious. If you have a great job, you can ask her for a vote about her career or what she likes about her job, and that’s a natural way to say. If you work for yourself, you can say you enjoy working for yourself. You can tell why you love working for yourself.
18. Fear Of Express Personal Opinions
A woman wants to know that you have an opinion. Because she doesn’t always think she will be right about things.
- If you still agree with her, she can’t trust that she can lean on you or rely on you when she doesn’t know what to do about something.
Or, when you’re struggling together as a team with something, she needs to trust that you can have an opinion of your own that might get you both to a better place in life.
- You have confidence in your opinions, ideas, solutions, values, and the whole thing. If you continuously agree with her, that will be a weakness.
- You need to find things you disagree with and then discuss them. Not necessarily arguments at some point in time. You are going to argue. But you want to be able to have healthy debates.
It is about the pros and cons of different philosophies and opinions about life. That will be more impressive to her than if you agree with everything she says if you can do that.
19. Having An Inauthentic Personality
It ties in with always agreeing with her if you are inauthentic. Because you are trying to be the type of person you think she wants. You will have to play that role with her for the rest of your life. It’s not going to feel good. She’s going to sense it because women are intuitive. We can sense these things. Something will not fit and feel right for her.
There will be an incongruent between who you’re portraying and who you are. You’ll also be much happier if you be who you are and what that essentially looks like in the real world. It is doing the things that you enjoy doing unapologetically.
- If you’re a gamer, it is excellent. Be a gamer! If you are an athlete, be an athlete. Don’t try to downplay who you are and what your interests are for someone else.
There will be some happy medium and some common ground to be compatible. If there isn’t, she’s not the right person for you anyway. It’s better to find that out sooner than later. So, be who you are. Do not compromise your personality or your interests for anyone else.
20. Decision-Making Weakness
Your own decisions are pretty much everything. The best way to practice having a different outlook is within your friendship groups or work peers.
- Instead of agreeing with or not even agreeing with people sitting back apathetically and not contributing, you work with people. Start thinking about what people are talking about and process that within yourself, and decide which things you agree with and what you might choose not to agree with her.
- The best thing you can do is practice speaking up about something you disagree with her. It may be challenging at first. If you’re struggling with meeting women or being shy, it’s exacerbated by your behaviors of wanting to please others and not create discourse.
What you need to do is to start speaking up about things you disagree with. When it’s not as important as it is, you need to practice and disagree with a woman and have your own decisions when it counts. You can’t be like, ‘I don’t even know what I agree with’ It makes you weak. Women do not like vulnerable men. Your weakness is one of the biggest dating mistakes.
21. Nervousness Of Conversation
You need to be able to carry on conversations. The tip for keeping a conversation going, and the thing is you need not be too worried about awkward silences.
- Silence is only awkward if you feel awkward. Sometimes silences are comfortable. There can be comfortable silences. You don’t have to fill every gap with chitchat or conversation.
- Another tip for conversation is asking her open-ended questions, like, ‘Do you like pizza?’ is a closed-ended question. What kind of pizza is your favorite pizza? Where is the favorite best pizza you’ve had in the city?
At the end of that, you can expect. Don’t be nervous. It is easy to say, don’t be nervous. If you are unstable, try to focus on your sentence. What can you see? What can you smell? It should get you grounded again. It’s one thing you can do there.
22. When You Fail To Make Eye Contact
If you continually look away and can’t maintain eye contact, that is a sign of insecurity and weakness.
- You need to maintain eye contact about 80% of the time. So you’re looking at her for about eighty percent of the time.
You might glance away when thinking about something, and you’ll maintain eye contact.
- Don’t be staring down like a shy guy. It’s okay, but you need to show and maintain eye contact because that displays confidence. It also brings her into the intimate fold of air conversation.
23. Acting Like Selfish
We try to protect ourselves against rejection mostly. We might have commitment issues, which are super familiar if you try and get someone to help you overcome that because it’s the most debilitating, horrible thing ever in life.
- Life is all about making meaningful connections with people. If you’re unable to do that, that’s hard. We try to protect ourselves, so we put up a wall where we act very casually about the dating process to defend ourselves and make the other person feel like we don’t care that much well.
It’s a terrible idea because it gives us a vibe that you’re not interested in them. It also gives them a vibe that you’re not trying to get with them. You wouldn’t like that if someone didn’t ride it with you. It wholly ruins the whole thing and its self-sabotage in every way. So try to avoid that. It’s hard to open up your heart.
I will show you that I care, am interested in you, and am willing to work for you. If you reject me anyway, that will hurt me greatly. But at least I’ve had an actual shot because if you don’t do that and don’t open up to someone, you’ll never have a shot. So it’s going to be self-sabotage.
24. Revealing Insecurities On Date
It is not smart in many situations to reveal your insecurities to people. I tend to be very open about my feelings because I don’t feel like my feelings make me weak or less in control.
- You have to realize that people will take advantage of your insecurities. Or your insecurities make them initially think you’re insecure, which is invalid.
- If you have insecurities, that does not mean you’re secure because everyone has insecurities. But if you talk about your insecurities, too many people can feel like you’re generally insecure, and that’s unattractive. In general, it comes with happiness and confidence, and everything we like, someone that can make us feel better about ourselves.
So if someone is more confident or feels more confident than us, we are attracted to them. Because we want to be sure someone seems happy, we are tempted because we want to be satisfied. In reality, nobody is confident. Nobody is that happy. So I’m not saying you should never talk about your insecurities, but maybe your date is not a great idea.
25. Addicted To Internet Media
It’s superior to FaceTime, someone calling someone or meeting them in real life. Texting is tiring because it is detached from the real world.
- So you end up not having so much to talk about something. It’s the most boring environment to have a conversation ever.
It can be fun to exchange a few texts, and it doesn’t mean you have to text always. It’s a lot nicer to also speak to someone through other mediums. That’s a huge mistake that people make to talk over text.
26. Unwillingness Of Hard Work
Men are built for competition. Are you complaining that it’s too much hard work when trying to get the job? You’ve always wanted it when trying to get into that great college. Studying to get into this great school shouldn’t be hard.
So I can have a career. It’s too much finding a mate is as important as those other things. Why shouldn’t you have to work hard? Why shouldn’t you compete against other guys as you do for their job or that spot at that great school?
- Being a good guy isn’t enough. You must compete, know what women like, and go for the women. It’s a big mistake if you think you shouldn’t have to work hard to find a good woman.
27. As Usual Thinking
We got another problem, and that’s a modern one. Many of you guys out there only look for women on dating apps. It’s a big mistake. These apps are convenient but rely too heavily on the superficial side.
- What else can she judge you by if you’re not meeting her in the real world and having an actual conversation? That’s why you got to get out of the house. Sometimes you might want to meet a woman in the real world.
It can lead to a better initial connection. In my opinion, now that doesn’t mean I don’t think you should use dating apps. But be aware that they will lead to more initial superficial connections.
28. Talking About Religion & Politics
You should not talk about religion or politics. These are potential minefields. You’ll have plenty of time when you’re getting to know someone. These topics are too heavy when first getting to know someone and can easily lead to arguments or debates.
- Arguing and debating is not the proper way to have an initial date. Leave those discussions to once you realize you like each other and can accept potential differences.
There are lots of advantages to different opinions. You can learn more and talk about something new.
- Don’t be aggressive, and be a good listener. You can use your sense of humor when you talk about something opposite. If any woman discovers that you are a realistic and intelligent person, she is definitely with you.
29. All-Time Consideration
Sometimes men think that for me to court and pursue this woman, I have to go all-in, which means you’re sending her all these text messages. You forget that you have tennis matches on Saturday night; instead, you hang out with her every Saturday.
Or when she says jump, you’re like, how high do you want me to jump type of thing, and that’s the thing you lose the opportunity within yourself. You forget about your own life, and that’s what we can not do. This is the time I want you guys to understand.
- When dating, the most significant opportunity you can do is the opposite of what you think is right sometimes. That showcases your independence because, remember, independence is significant in relationships. This starts to show in the beginning when you start dating a woman.
It shows no emotional control if you don’t show this initially and date a woman. Women look for a man with that masculine presence because a male controls his emotions that come into massive energy. So don’t take that away from a woman. Let her also have the opportunity to do this.
30. Fear Of Losing Her
It is a big one. It comes back to self-esteem. It is you who think she’s out of your league. You must remember that we tend to date people about the same level. But women tend to want to date someone at least at her level or a little bit higher, at least perception-wise. So, that doesn’t mean you are better than her in any way.
The better is subjective, but for this article, you don’t want to act like she’s better than you. What you have to do is how you can handle this.
- You need to remember that all women, no matter how gorgeous they are, all women have insecurities. There’s something about her body, personality, or herself that she doesn’t like, and she’s insecure about that.
- You have to remember it. It is true. Almost all women, any woman you’re interested in, will have insecurity. It’s going to have flaws. You must remember that women have flaws. Not physical, but personality flaws, mental-spiritual whatever it is.
We all have insecurities, and you need to be able to believe that. Otherwise, it’s going to show up again in your interactions. If you don’t believe you’re good enough for her, she won’t trust that you’re good enough for her. It’s contagious.
Online Dating Mistakes Men Do (With Solutions)
Regarding online dating, men sometimes make certain mistakes that hinder their success in connecting with potential partners. Here are some common online dating mistakes men make:
- Sending generic or impersonal messages can give the impression that you’re not genuinely interested or haven’t taken the time to read the person’s profile. Personalize your messages and show genuine interest in the other person.
- Placing too much emphasis on physical appearance in initial conversations can appear shallow or superficial. Show interest in the person’s personality, hobbies, and values.
- Not taking the time to read the other person’s profile thoroughly can lead to misunderstandings or missed opportunities for connection. Pay attention to their interests, preferences, and any important details in their profile.
- Being too forward, making explicit or inappropriate comments, or pressuring someone for personal information or meet-ups too soon can make the other person uncomfortable. Respect boundaries and allow the relationship to progress naturally.
- Constantly boasting about your achievements, possessions, or physical attributes can be off-putting. The strike between showcasing your positive qualities and genuinely conversing with the other person.
- A poorly curated or incomplete profile can make it difficult for others to understand who you are and what you want. Take the time to create a well-written profile that reflects your personality and highlights your interests.
- Not responding promptly or failing to follow up on conversations can convey disinterest or lack of commitment. Be responsive and engaged in ongoing communication to show genuine interest.
- Rejection is a normal part of online dating, and respect the other person’s decision if they’re not interested. Avoid persisting or becoming defensive in response to rejection. Additionally, always respect the other person’s boundaries and consent.
By avoiding these common mistakes, men can improve their chances of making meaningful connections and building successful relationships through online dating.
How do you deal with her? You’ve got to remember and go into every interaction believing and knowing that something about her isn’t perfect. You won’t start putting her on a pedestal when you do that. It’s the worst thing you can do at the beginning of any relationship.
In a relationship, you’re both putting each other on a pedestal. Within a relationship, it’s not healthy. It will make you look weak and needy and not good enough. You don’t think you’re good enough. She’s not going to think you’re good enough.
I’m telling you guys these are the keys you need to understand to stop making these mistakes. They might come off as needy behavior, whatever you may classify it as. But the ultimate key is any of these tips I’ve given you in this article. It’s so important to live in happiness for yourself and be understanding.
You’re here now because you need to have education regarding attraction relationships. If you can implement the tools I give you in this product, you will change this overall. If these are the mistakes you are making, and I welcome your comments and questions below, share this with someone.
Table of Contents