A good husband has positive qualities and behaviors that contribute to a healthy and fulfilling marriage or partnership. It’s a loaded term that means a lot of different things to many people, and whether or not you’re the problem in your marriage is meaningless.
Different skill sets are a couple of techniques to make you a better husband to your wife and a better partner. I’m going to share 20 fantastic husband techniques. You can become a better husband and live a more thriving sexy marriage. We’re talking about how to become a better husband.
20 Qualities Of A Good Husband
I love my wife, and today I want to discuss surprising ways to love your spouse. I’ve been married for over seven years, and I can guarantee these 20 good husband tips will help you build a better relationship with your wife. Okay, So let’s get into it.
1. Know Personality
Point number one is to learn your wife’s personality style. It’s a personality chart that helps you understand your wife’s significant motivating factors are? What motivates her? What especially hurts her?
What drives her to become inward and to pull back from you? You need to take the time to learn your wife’s personality style. For example, the addy is typically very blunt and straightforward. Although more men fall into this category, plenty of women do too.
If you’re more inward and timid, it’s easy for your wife to railroad you and feel like you’re not taking leadership in your marriage. An AI personality style is a little bit more social, right? They’re going to be energized by social activity.
An emotional personality is someone who’s a little bit more soft-hearted. Someone who gets energy from being alone, and again you might wonder why your wife wants to spend time away from you or the family. That shouldn’t be insulting so much, as it is her personality. Knowing your wife’s personality, style, and what things set her off will put you in a position not to do those things and beep when she gets set off.
You’ll know why she’s set off, what happened to trigger that emotion, and what you can do to re-energize and get her back into the marriage. It is a massive part of leadership. Most business owners or entrepreneurs know the disc personality profiles. They have all their employees go through it. So they can better deal with their employee’s reactions to them and put them in environments where they will thrive.
2. Learn Love Language
Number two is to learn your wife’s love language. Love languages is a term that Dr. Gary Chapman coined. In his book, the five love languages.
He talks about how we react or feel loved in five significant ways. He talks about words of affirmation, gift-giving, and spending personal time. You must learn your wife’s love language and start to speak to her right in that language. It is going to help you along with the personality profile too. It creates synergy with your wife and is in a place where she’s withdrawn from you or angry at you.
You might think my wife doesn’t like flowers! She’s not into that thing. You think, hey, I will write my wife a sweet poem. You might feel loved that way through poetry or a gift like flowers or a night out, but your wife may not feel loved that way. She might feel loved by acts of service, like doing the dishes!
I remember the first time I discovered this about my wife. I was up to my ears like her car was disgusting, and I couldn’t handle it anymore. So in the morning, I woke up, went out to her car, and cleaned her car. She came out of that car, and she was in tears.
I had no idea, and I was tired of the dirty car. We went to a marriage conference a few months later, and I learned that her love language was the act of service. It meant so much to her that I would get up and spend time serving her that way. It continues acts of service continue to be her love language.
Her love language is going to be words of affirmation. It will be saying beautiful things to her, so notice that if you guys are tense, if you guys aren’t jiving, then you might haven’t told her verbally that you love her and think she’s beautiful.
So learn your wife’s love language and then practice speaking it all the time. Speak to her in a language that she understands others otherwise, on this cycle, and she doesn’t feel loved by you. She does not like you, and you’re perpetuating that cycle.
3. Make Decision Partner
It is probably essential, so bring it in and pull your notes back up. You need to pay attention to this one here, as the husband is the leader of your home. You have got to learn when to lead and when to sacrifice. If you guys know anything about what we cover in this article? We believe strongly that your wife wants you to lead, and sometimes they won’t let you drive. She feels like you’ve let her down in the past. So she doesn’t want to get given down again. She won’t let you lead or want you to drive.
She fears you’ll make bad decisions, so they leave for you, right? How many of you guys have experienced that? Let me know in the comments section. As a husband, tensions often arise when you’re leading at a time when you should be sacrificing. You’re sacrificing when you should be driving, and you’ve got to recognize when it’s time to put your foot down.
I tried to pretend I knew how that all worked, which caused stress in our home. I was making poor financial decisions with my credit. So, I sacrificed that and let my wife lead in that area. Because she’s doing something she’s good at, which has helped us. We’re both doing the right things.
I love my wife, and today I want to discuss surprising ways to love your spouse. I’ve been married for over seven years, and I can guarantee these 20 tips will help you build a better relationship with your wife.
4. Communicate Every Day
Every day you have to talk to your spouse. You have to be willing to understand precisely how she feels, but you also have to listen to her. You have to speak, and you have to do it. Also, You have to be willing to communicate back and forth to understand the goals of your relationship.
Many people in our society don’t have enough time to spend. Maybe they work with different chefs and only have one or two days a week to sit down and talk. Make sure you say your feelings, have emotional eyes with your wife, and understand her if you want her to follow you.
When communicating with your wife, listen with your eyes, not your ears. Ensure that you understand that you’re fully there, but you’re not only on the phone doing laundry, or you’re busy taking calls or doing whatever you do in your daily life. Listen with your eyes and pay full attention because that’s precise will help your relationship be better.
5. Share Common Interests
Many people get married but don’t have any hobbies they enjoy together. Please do your best to understand your life partner’s likes and try to accommodate her in any way you can.
Now many things might bring you together with your spouse. Maybe it’s food, and perhaps it is shopping, maybe it’s going out of town, whatever it is to find out what you can do to get closer to bond with her. You can share your love with your spouse, which helps you make good relations and mental satisfaction.
6. Discuss Your Financial Goals
There are a lot of couples that don’t even know where they stand financially. I’ve seen couples that don’t even know what they have in each other’s bank accounts. Some of them don’t even know what Mr. Spouse’s merits are. It could be a huge problem, especially. If you want to attain a certain financial number, understand exactly what your wife thinks about money and how you can better operate within the family unit.
My wife and I always discuss what we want to do with our money. We’re still talking about how we can earn more. How can we spend more? We always try to develop solutions because we continually discuss and understand our financial situation.
7. Try To Understand
Relationships can succeed if there’s no commitment. Ensure you get closer to your wife or understand her entirely and show that you want to love her more.
So always be mindful of your woman’s needs. There are so many things that they want, but you have to understand that you are the person who can give them to them. So be willing and able to do it, and I promise your wife will be very in love with you.
8. Learn From Successful Couples
There are many couples you’ll see that are in sync with each other. You must stop them right in their tracks, even if you’ll never see them again, and ask them questions.
Hey, what’s the secret to your marriage? What’s the secret to your success? I bet you you’ll have a very stimulating conversation. One thing you want to avoid altogether is taking advice from divorced people.
The boomer’s people often don’t know anything about marriage, so they divorce. So ensure you understand who you’re listening to and taking advice from.
9. Submit Sexually
This could be difficult if you don’t have a highly sexual relationship. Ensure you understand precisely what your spouse wants and give it to her how she likes.
There’s a tendency for some couples to withdraw or be frigid with each other. Some are stiff, or there is tension, and sexual stimulation can often dissolve all those problems. So make sure you talk about sex if you feel no movement in your relationship.
10. Be Humble
We are more reliable than others in certain areas, but it doesn’t mean you should wheel it over them. It doesn’t mean you should make them feel bad about themselves because they don’t know a specific subject, topic, or individual situation.
Make sure you’re humble and kindly explain it to them to be on the same level. A clear example is when I started working out with my wife, and I expected her to know everything. I had been working out for over a dozen years when I started working out there. But I realized that I was being too forceful and had to relax. She taught me that I had to be more patient with her and yield real results.
11. Believe Your Wife
No relationship can go far without trust. You have to be willing to trust your spouse when they go out, go to work, and do whatever they need to do to get to where they need to trust your wife more and more every day. I promise you; you’ll live a long life of longevity.
Most divorce happens for lack of trust and misunderstanding. So, before deciding, you should ensure you are right.
12. Surprise Your Wife
Women love surprises. You can surprise her by giving different kinds of jewelry, flowers, chocolate candy, whatever. It always surprises your wife; that’s how you keep things interesting.
Sometimes the best surprises are things you used to do that you haven’t done in a long time, for instance. Maybe you might want to write her a card or give him a tie or come home a little early. Do something different that will surprise your wife.
I always surprise my wife with a lovely poem. It’s not still the poem that surprises her, but it’s what I say in the poem. Because the poems are based on current events, she loves them and stores them in her file.
13. Work Together
Talk about everything always working together. Don’t bicker, argue, and fight each other for the smallest things. You must understand that you will go further if you work together.
There’s an old saying those who pray together stay together. So if you’re a spiritual person, take some time to pray or meditate to show her that you genuinely love her.
14. Be Responsible
Honor her in marriage. If you don’t want to be married, don’t get married. Please stay single if you still want to act like a single guy. Don’t decide to drag someone into your single life. You need to be a guy looking for one wife, not looking after you get married. You’ll never be older and say I wish I had more affairs.
I want I have cheated on my wife more. I’d hurt my kids more and honor her by not being the guy who’s also always creepy wandering. I’m ongoingly disgusted when I’m looking at other men staring at other women even while they’re with their wives as they’re walking in a mall or at a movie.
15. Spend Quality Time
Your emotion is to your wife, not your secretary, co-worker, your friend on social media. We seem to spend an enormous time looking for a move outside our marriages.
We shouldn’t be spending an incredible amount of time talking to others at Jim, the grocery store, the workplace, or anywhere else that we should probably not be doing.
16. Give Priority
Honor her in a way with how you speak. What do you say, and maybe what do you mean? It stops criticizing, stops judging, stopping loud and demanding. Maybe talk with compassion and empathy and love and respect.
Most men think they might be wrong if he gives their wife priority. You should prioritize her when you decide or buy any household things.
17. Be A Helpful Husband
Honor her by treating her as a partner. You should help her with housework like laundry, ironing, vacuuming, dusting, cooking, cleaning, and cleaning dishes.
You can help her clean toilets, put the groceries away, and make lunches daily for young kids. Give your wife surprise birthday gifts; buy kids’ cloth. As men, we often take more traditional rules, and there’s nothing wrong with that. I do the outside work traditionally.
18. Be A Hard Worker
I was reading a book recently. I’ve read two or three articles discussing how one in seven men in North America doesn’t even work. Now statistically, it could be one in six or one in eight.
But I do see many of these guys in life. Now I see many guys who seem to be floating around either not working or doing part-time jobs. They might be trying to be jobs that need to be something they do on the side until that part-time thing allows them to take a salary from it.
I worked as a teacher for ten years before speaking full-time. It was only ten years before I could leave teaching and go into speaking time. I could only do that because I have the income to support it.
19. Stop Bad Habits
Honor her by dealing with your addictions. Whether alcohol, drugs, pornography, video games, or gambling, it is huge. There comes a time when you need to get hold of these things because there’s a good chance that they might cost you your marriage and other things if you don’t.
As well as get some counseling, get some friends and supports around you, and get some resources. You can be free from these things but must want it and make severe changes.
20. Be Patience
Women like to share every moment with their husbands. It seems tedious, but you must listen to her carefully and be a cool guy. Sometimes she will talk excessively and annoy you, but you should be calm. Women are like a baby, and you should maintain them softly. If you hurt her, then she’ll start losing attraction to you.
So, be careful when you talk, when you discuss any matter. Try to listen and understand her correctly. If she makes any mistake, you forgive her and softly explain the fault.
Bad Qualities In A Husband
Here are a few negative traits or behaviors that can be harmful within a marriage or partnership:
- A husband who consistently avoids or disregards communication can hinder the growth and understanding within the relationship. Open and honest communication is essential for resolving conflicts, expressing needs, and maintaining emotional connection.
- Trust is the foundation of a strong relationship. A husband who consistently lies breaks promises, or acts in ways that erode trust can create a toxic dynamic within the marriage.
- A husband who consistently dismisses or invalidates his spouse’s feelings, needs, or aspirations can undermine their emotional well-being and create a sense of detachment within the relationship. Support and empathy are vital for a healthy partnership.
- A husband who attempts to control or manipulate his spouse’s thoughts, actions, or decisions can create an environment of power imbalances, diminished autonomy, and emotional harm within the relationship.
- A husband who consistently neglects his spouse’s needs, emotional connection, or growth can create feelings of loneliness and dissatisfaction within the relationship. Both partners need to invest in the marriage for it to thrive actively.
- A husband who consistently avoids taking responsibility for his actions, blames others for problems or refuses to acknowledge his mistakes can hinder the growth and resolution of the relationship.
- Emotional, verbal, or physical abuse is deeply harmful and unacceptable in a marriage or any relationship.
Do approach discussions about shortcomings or challenges within a marriage with empathy, understanding, and a willingness to work towards growth and positive change together as a couple.
Duties Of A Good Husband
The concept of the duties of a husband can vary depending on cultural, personal, and individual beliefs. Here are some commonly valued aspects of being a good husband:
- A good husband loves and supports his spouse unconditionally. He shows care, understanding, and encouragement and stands by his partner through life’s joys and challenges.
- A good husband communicates openly and honestly with his spouse. He actively listens, shares his thoughts and feelings, and seeks to understand his partner’s perspective and needs. Good communication is vital for a strong and healthy marriage.
- A good husband is trustworthy and remains committed to his marriage. He builds and maintains trust by being reliable, honest, and respectful toward his spouse.
- A good husband respects his spouse as an individual and appreciates their strengths, efforts, and contributions. He values their opinions, supports their goals, and consistently shows gratitude and appreciation for their presence.
- A good husband views his marriage as a partnership and actively participates in shared decision-making and responsibilities. He works with his spouse to navigate challenges, set goals, and create a harmonious and balanced home environment.
- A good husband nurtures emotional and physical intimacy in the relationship. He creates a safe space for vulnerability, emotional connection, and physical affection. He recognizes the importance of maintaining a strong emotional and physical bond with his spouse.
- A good husband takes on the role of a provider, ensuring the well-being and security of his family. This can include financial support, creating a stable home environment, and prioritizing his spouse’s and children’s needs.
- A good husband offers emotional support and understanding to his spouse. He is there to listen, offer guidance, and provide a helping hand when needed. He shares in the practical responsibilities of the household and supports his spouse in pursuing personal goals and interests.
These traits can apply to any partner, regardless of gender or marital arrangement. They reflect the fundamental aspects of a healthy and mutually supportive relationship. Ultimately, a good husband actively works towards the happiness, well-being, and growth of himself and his spouse.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to control your wife’s anger?
Most of the men think that their wives are angry and rude. Do you know that anger is a romantic behavior for women? It seems crazy, but women like to be angry with their husbands or lovers. She wants sympathy and love when she is mad with you. She also wants her husband to break her anger and hug her tightly. It’s part of a romantic relationship!
When your wife is angry with you, then do these 5 things.
1. Write a sorry note and put it on the bedroom or kitchen wall.
2. Be a comedian or joker and tell her funny jokes or memory.
3. Give her surprise gifts like chocolates, flowers, whatever she likes.
4. Give her a soft hug, kiss her on the neck, and tell them something romantic or special she likes most.
5. You can help her in the kitchen or another and praise her.
Most of the girls like testing their lover or husband. So, be patient and pass the love test.
How to handle a wife?
People say that maintaining a wife is one of the most difficult tasks in the world. But this is not so tough. Your wife is like a baby, and if you can adequately care for her, it’s accessible to you.
Here are the top 5 secrets of handling a difficult wife.
1. Don’t be a spy or observer. If you think that this is love, then you are wrong. Women hate this way and feel insecure. So, give her space and freedom.
2. Don’t criticize your wife. You should praise her and tell her how much you love and her importance to your life.
3. Give her physical satisfaction and understand her needs. Don’t be a selfish husband. Try to fulfill her demand.
4. Give her priority and spend quality time. Don’t be a busy man all time. She needs your time and care, so maintain it properly.
5. Be a mind reader and a good listener. If you are a romantic husband, then you already control your wife.
I hope you understand my points and opinions. To be a perfect husband, follow these qualities and be husband material. By doing these, your wife will satisfy you and always love you. Your life and family will be a happy family.
If you have any questions or problems, please comment below and feel free to share anything that I can help you overcome and make you a happy life. I wish you a happy married life.
Table of Contents